Sure, we all know YouTube to be a source of entertainment—whether it’s looking for a clip of an old favorite TV show or your neighbor’s home video of her singing dog—but YouTube as a major news source? You bet; and a global one at that. A recent Pew study found that while TV news still reigns, more and more viewers are turning to YouTube in search of eyewitness videos to major news events. During its 15-month study (January 2011-March 2012) of the most popular news videos on YouTube, Pew found the Japanese earthquake and tsunami to be the most viewed video news story with the Russian elections, the grounding of an Italian cruise ship and the collapse of a stage at an Indiana fair, also topping the list. With 88% of Americans alone owning a phone or smartphone with a camera, it makes sense. People can shoot video on their phones and immediately upload it, offering viewers on-demand access to events, making ‘citizen journalism’ and, it seems, YouTube a news source to be reckoned with.
- 2019-02-11Have had some great experiences have also had some really bad ones. Been long time customer now time to move on to find another one.Kurt D.
- 2018-02-06Best Audio/Video Company Around .. Hands Down!Josh E.
- 2018-08-07(Thanks Mike!!)Dylan G.
- 2018-02-02Their knowledgeable and courteous staff provide great service, and are excellent at creating comprehensive solutions that always exceed my expectations.barrett b.
- 2018-03-15Local, Long Term Ownership and Team always ready to be of service!Jim S.
- 2018-06-27I believe it was Justin and Dan doing the install and they were more than awesome, very professional and overly eager to go above and beyond!Brad B.
- 2011-01-30Very professional & pleasant to work with. Staff was thoughtful and cleaned up after themselves very well.A Google U.
- 2018-12-13Great Experience! The installation went exactly as planned and the end product is amazing.Jason F.
- 2018-02-04I have used Digitech in my last three houses and highly recommend them. They offer awesome products and I have had great service.John T.