Control4 announced a new family of wireless lighting control products for seamless integration with Control4® systems. With a fresh, sophisticated design, expansive customization options, and a myriad of innovative capabilities, this next-generation of wireless lighting control products caters to the growing number of residential and commercial projects.
According to a report from Pike Research, the global market for intelligent lighting controls will enjoy steady growth through this decade, rising from $1.5 billion in 2012 to more than $4.3 billion in 2020. Control4® Wireless Lighting control products provide a broad range of elegant and energy saving lighting solutions within this robustly growing market. From new adaptive phase dimmers and combination keypad/dimmers, to 0-10V dimmers for LED applications and configurable keypads for control, the Control4 Wireless Lighting family delivers its functional innovation with elegant design including, a diverse palette of color and finish options, custom backlit engraved buttons, and programmable status LEDs supporting customizable color hues for at-a-glance feedback. Additionally, each new switch, dimmer, and keypad includes an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness of status LEDs and button backlighting.
“Lighting control, when integrated with automation, is quickly becoming an essential smart home application,” said Martin Plaehn, CEO Control4. “Intelligent lighting enhances the aesthetics of the entire home, helps manage energy consumption, and with Control4 technology can integrate with security, Audio/Video and climate-control systems, as well as with window shades and other devices to create truly personalized experiences for homeowners.”
With a Control4 system, creating and automating personalized lighting with virtually any mix of lighting load types is very simple; controlling them from the Control4 MyHome® app on a mobile device is even simpler. Control4 integrates lighting control with other automation functions to create “scenes” which enhance convenience and safety for customers. Some of the more popular uses include: a “Home” scene which creates a lighting path from the entry to the kitchen and disarms the security system; an “Entertainment” scene which dims all the lights and cues the AV system; an “Away” scene which lowers the shades, places the AC into energy savings mode, shuts off all but a few select lights, and activates the security system.
The new Control4 Wireless Lighting product family includes many new customization enhancements, reduces programming complexity, and is ideal for residential and commercial installations – both for retrofit and new construction projects. The new Control4 Wireless Lighting family includes:
- Control4® Wireless Adaptive Phase Dimmer eliminates much of the guesswork associated with choosing the right dimmer for a project and alleviates the need to replace the dimmer when the load type changes in the future. The Wireless Adaptive Phase Dimmer is compatible with a broad range of dimmable load types including most LEDs, incandescents, halogens, electronic low voltage (solid state) transformers, magnetic (iron core) low voltage transformers, fluorescents, and compact fluorescents. (120V, 240V, or 277V) US MSRP $180.
- Control4® Wireless Configurable Keypad creates an elegant and customizable user interface to unlock the power of one-touch automation, enabling control of lighting, plus control of audio, video, security and more. The Control4 Wireless Configurable Keypad can be configured with two to seven custom-engraved, LED backlit buttons, using four different button sizes, for a total of 37 possible configurations. For dealers, project and inventory management is a snap as this new wireless keypad can cover all configurations with quick setup by the installer. (120V/277V or 240V) US MSRP $200.
- Control4® Wireless Keypad Dimmer transforms a standard light switch or dimmer into a fully customizable keypad and dimmer, combining the dimming capabilities of the Control4 Wireless Adaptive Phase Dimmer with the flexibility of the Control4 Wireless Configurable Keypad. (120V, 240V, or 277V) US MSRP $250.
- Control4® Wireless Fan Speed Controller delivers elegant fan speed control of standard paddle-type ceiling fans, with four fan speed buttons and an off button. The Wireless Fan Speed Controller also enables fan speed to be incorporated into Control4 systems for climate control and other automated events. (120V) US MSRP $190.
- Control4® Wireless 0-10V Dimmer provides elegant, in-wall control of 4-wire 0-10V dimmable fluorescent ballasts and LEDs, an increasingly popular choice in architectural residential and commercial projects. (120V/277V or 240V) US MSRP $190.
- Control4® Wireless Forward Phase Dimmer delivers an economical solution for dimming forward phase compatible loads, including incandescents, line-voltage halogens, and magnetic transformers. Particularly well-suited to dimming high-wattage loads such as chandeliers and large banks of recessed lights, the Forward Phase Dimmer is also compatible with forward phase dimmable LEDs, CFLs, and fluorescents. (120V) US MSRP $140.
- Control4® Wireless Switch provides on/off control for virtually every type of load, including LED lights, incandescents, halogens, electronic low voltage (solid state) transformers, magnetic (iron core) low voltage transformers, fluorescents, compact fluorescents, and motors, including ceiling fans and bathroom ventilation fans. With its robust relay and high amperage rating, the switch can handle high in-rush loads such as fountain pumps or large banks of fluorescent lights. It can even be used to switch wall outlets. (120V/277V or 240V) US MSRP $140.
- Control4® Auxiliary Keypad provides an economical solution for three-way control of a load. Using the home or business’ existing in-wall three-way wiring, the Auxiliary Keypad wires directly to any compatible Control4 Dimmer, Switch, or Fan-Speed Controller. (120V/277V) US MSRP $40.
The new Control4 Wireless Lighting products are completely compatible and easily integrated with the new Control4 Panelized Lighting products – making Control4 lighting automation one of the most flexible and feature-packed solutions on the market. We agree, “This is a truly comprehensive lighting control and home automation solution that beautifully complements any décor, and doesn’t involve the time-consuming double-programming of integrating a third-party lighting solution with automation.” The tight integration of wired and wireless lighting control enables Digitech Custom to offer elegant solutions for a vast range of projects, building types, and architectural styles. The broad support for different load types and voltage also extends our business opportunities to include commercial installations, using the same fundamental programming and infrastructure they use for residential projects.