Pick the Right Style and Fabric for Your Space
Are you interested in bringing motorized shades to your Marion County, IN living space, but afraid that the style options available will leave your interior design looking generic and bland?
Luckily, having the top-notch functionality of automated shades in your home doesn’t mean sacrificing your personalized style and vision. You can choose from a variety of fabrics and patterns for your shades until you find the perfect combinations.
Below, we’ve outlined the different types of shades and which are best for specific occasions and spaces. Keep reading to learn which ones are ideal for your Marion County home.
Fabrics for Different Rooms and Purposes
The material you choose for your motorized shades comes down to they’ll be used and which room you’ll be installing them in. For example, your media room or home theater shades require a different fabric than the ones you’d have in the sitting room or kitchen. Check out the various types of fabrics here:
- Blackout Shades: Your home cinema or multi-purpose media room benefits significantly from blackout shades. These block out the sunlight entirely, creating a perfectly darkened room for your movie-viewing experiences. And on particularly hot days, they also help prevent solar heat gain.
- Sheer Shades: These shades are great for living rooms or kitchens where you want to allow some light in, without dealing with the sun’s rays directly. Lighter in color, they provide a beautiful finish to any room where blackout shades might be too intense.
- View Preservation: If your sitting room has a wide window you love looking out of for the view, then a fabric that lets you still see through it is fitting. You’ll reduce the sun’s glare while still maintaining the perfect view through the glass.
Styles That Match Your Design
- Honeycomb: These shades have a unique pleated design that folds up nicely when rolled up and creates “air pockets” when rolled down. These provide quality insulation for your entire home, keeping hot or cold air from escaping through your windows. Sync these shades up with your smart thermostat to stay comfortable all year.
- Roller: An understated addition to any room that won’t hinder your design, these shades will still provide complete coverage for any window and enhance the space with their simplicity.
- Drapery: Offering a more formal appearance, drapery is a traditional choice for bedrooms and dining rooms. Choose a fabric that is designed to mesh with motorized technology, or install drapery rods that can have any type of fabric customized for them and your room’s personal design. Depending on how heavy the material, your drapes can also provide needed insulation as well. Even use drapes in home theater to conceal your projection screen and add dramatic effect.
Patterns to Fit Your Taste
There are a variety of patterns and colors to choose from for your shades, so you’re guaranteed to find one that best suits the room you’re installing the window treatments in. Whether you go with neutral fabric colors or ones that pop, you’ll also have the accompanying rods’ colors and other materials to consider.
You have the ability to make your motorized shades all your own. We’ve only begun to dive into the abundance of options available to you when deciding the design and types of shades for your space – if you want to learn even more about your choices, feel free to give us a call or fill out our online form. Our team would love to hear from you!